Wednesday, December 7, 2011

American Born Chinese

Right at the beginning the story drew me in with a cool mythical story of a monkey and his kung fu powers and such, so that got me into the story. When it changed into the second story I was kind of confused but continued on to see where it went, throughout the story, what kept me reading was the circle back around the monkey story. By the end, when all three tied together I was shocked at they were all related and how clever it was of the writer to lead up to this with subtle hints throughout the story that you don't noticed until reading the end. Looking back on the story, I saw a lot of little things that actually hinted to the other stories which made the second glance through the story much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment