Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kick-Ass

Reinventing the Super Hero? I think that was done here. Kick-Ass is a nerd, nothing goes his way, and he has no powers. What I enjoyed in the comic was again, the style. I appreciated the extra detail throughout the comic as apposed to simple back ground, and somewhat detailed foreground. The whole thing had a bit more detail than a traditional comic which made it more interesting with out being to busy or complicated. What was good was as well was that the story wasn't about some guy exposed to nuclear waste, or someone who was from another planet. It was some kid, pretty much like me, trying to be Batman. The story of Kick-Ass also focused on how he came to be more than just some random scenario you are thrown into, only left to infer what could've happened in the past. Now I'm not saying I don't like traditional super hero comics, I'm just saying it's nice to have a change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment